We Are In A Mission To Help The Helpness
Support and Care for People with Disabilities Association (SCPDA) is an Ethiopian development local Non-Governmental Organization NGO, established in 2013, registered under the Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 621/2009 as an Ethiopian Residents Charity, under license number 2955 in January 21, 2013 and reregistered in proclamation No.1113/2011. The Association founded by some visually impaired individuals and other persons with disabilities.
SCPDA is a young and growing up humanitarian charity association, founded purposively for working to the wellbeing of people with disabilities, to their care givers and their families. Its vision is creating equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons with disabilities and working empowering poor persons with disabilities, families and communities and enabling them to recover.
Currently SCPDA is an active member of Network Organizations for the Blind and Visually Impaired (NOVIB), Ethiopian National Disability Action Network (ENDAN) , Child and Women forum member of Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Associations (CCRDA) and Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD). On virtual network membership SCPDA have identification number on PADOR European union’s commission network and on funds for NGO. There are also other networks and forums in which SCPDA is in process to be member.
Equal Opportunity in education and employment to persons with disabilities with the hope of creating conducive school and work environment, where all Persons With Disabilities can fulfill their potential and contribute to a just and secure future.
SCPDA empowers Persons with Disabilities, families and communities affected by poverty to recover from neglect and desertion and reclaim their lives and fulfill their rights
SCPDA’s main goal is to address PWDs providing caring, preserving and working for changing unsuitable environmental conditions and working on promoting equal opportunities in education, health care, economic self-sufficiency, and capacity building trainings to create conducive environment for the fulfilment and overall development of persons with disabilities.
Values and Principles
- Impartial Work for improved life of Persons With Disabilities
- Respect and recognize the existing cultural values and norms
- Team spirit and cooperation with other Disabled Persons Organizations(DPOs)
- Care for the health and well-being of persons with disabilities by providing medical and psychosocial supports.
- Working for changing the exclusive and oppressive environments and promoting comprehensive disability inclusive development.
- Developing the coping capacity of persons with disabilities and recovering, currying them from crises, disease and injuries.
- Empowering persons with disabilities through capacity building trainings, engaging them on income generating activities and thereby enable them productive, competent and economically self-sufficient members of their society.